The EOS dual source linear upright CT scanner is a revolutionary new scanner, utilising Nobel Prize winning ultra-sensitive detector technology, which promises to dramatically alter the way we image and diagnose spinal and posture related conditions. It is being called the 5th imaging modality alongside CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-ray.
The EOS employs two x-ray tube detector pairs, scanning at 90o to each other that move from the top to the bottom of the standing patient to generate incredibly detailed 2D and 3D images of the whole skeleton.
These images allow accurate visualisation of the entire spine and major joints (hips, knees, ankles) which enables precise measurement and assessment.
The EOS dual source upright CT scanner:
- Is a novel upright CT scanner, described as the 5th imaging modality after CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-ray
- Utilises Nobel Prize winning ultra-sensitive x-ray detector technology
- Allows rapid imaging of the entire skeleton in a standing position at an extremely low radiation dose
- Enables accurate assessment of skeletal issues, as well as postural analysis to determine pre-disposition to spine disc disease
- Is proven to improve clinical outcomes