The CT scan of the abdomen looks at all the organs within the abdomen including:
- the liver for its size, texture and cysts;
- the gallbladder for evidence of gall stones and inflammation;
- kidneys for cysts or early cancers (detection of which can enable curative laparoscopic surgery);
- spleen for enlargement;
- pancreas for early cancer (if caught at a late stage it is one of the least treatable cancers); and
- adrenal glands for nodules or cancer.
This scan also visualises the rest of the aorta for any abdominal aneurysm.
Leave a Reply