This is a truly unique MRI scanner featuring Nobel Prize winning superconductor technology derived from the CERN project. Due to their expense and technological differences, there are currently just a handful of these scanners installed worldwide.
The upright and open MRI scanner:
- Features Nobel Prize winning superconductor technology derived from the CERN project
- Is fully open, thus avoiding any sense of claustrophobia associated with conventional ‘closed bore’ MRI scanners
- Is unique in allowing imaging of the spine and joints in an upright and weight-bearing position, which is usually that of maximum symptoms, thereby improving accuracy and clinical outcomes
- Provides excellent imaging of the prostate gland
- Avoids the use of liquid helium, making it quieter and safer
- Has extra-wide spacing enabling the imaging of larger patients